XiOptics Mil-T-29504 /4 and /5 fiber optic termini are designed specifically for size 16 cavities found in Mil-C-38999 connection systems. For those customers who desire to link electrical, RF, power or optics into a compact circular connector XiOptics offers the best possible solution. Qualified to the Mil-PRF-29504 specification, audited by DLA/DSCC, assembled in an AS9100 environment, proven in global environments and stocked ready to ship; XiOptics offers the broadest range of termini for both Glass Optical Fiber and Plastic Optical Fiber. XiOptics Mil-T-29504 /4 pin terminus is available for multi-mode GOF or POF in a variety of ferrule hole sizes. XiOptics stocks both Style 1 and Style 2 termini. Style 1 couples structured cable strength members with a adhesive lined heat shrink element. Style 2 termini provide a superior termination using a bonding cup style strength member and outer jacket capture. Both styles allow fiber termination with a simple bond/cure/polish using either auto polishers or hand polishers. XiOptics extensive qualification test data is available for review. Insertion losses well below the Mil-PRF-29504 specification limits are typically available. Qualification test data is available for both single mode and multi mode media. XiOptics was the first terminus manufacturer to be able to achieve Qualified Parts Listing of our single mode termini and we remain a leading manufacturer of these ultra-precision termini. As a note: Style 1 and Style 2 termini may be cross mated without degradation in performance is cable structure limits the strength member solution. XiOptics can provide a specialized 900 micron terminus upon request. Contact our specialist for more information or any other product variants you may desire. We are currently stocking common ferrule diameters on our online store. We offer several additional ferrule diameters which must be ordered by contacting our sales staff. Here is the complete list of ferrule diameters we support: 125μm, 125.5μm, 126μm, 127μm, 142μm, 156μm, 157μm, 173μm, 236μm
- Style 2 bonding cup solution for easier and mess free fiber termination. No heat shrink sleeve post termination processing required.
- Suitable for multi-mode and single-mode applications. PC or UPC end face geometry capable.
- Precision xirconia ceramic ferrule with .5 micron concentricity delivers superior single mode insertion loss performance by reducing concentricity errors.
- All stainless steel main body construction removes the problems with plating flaking creating optical interface contamination or corrosion cell formation.
- Extended press fit area between body and ceramic ferrule ensures performance across all environments.
- Extended bonding cup engages connector rear seal forming a precision seal that is not dependent on plastic optical fiber jacketing.
- COTS (commercial off the shelf) version available
Always refer to the manufacturer's original and most recent product documentation. Astute accepts no responsibility for inaccuracies in product data or specifications.