Astute Electronics is an authorised, franchised seller and technical partner for Apex Microtechnology, a manufacturer of precision power analog monolithic, hybrid and open frame components, including high power operational and PWM amplifiers.
Apex offer a comprehensive portfolio of precision power analogue products for defence and aerospace applications. Precision control in any type of application requires high power analogue to generate movement. As a system’s power level increases above 100mA, or greater than 24V, so do the complexities of designing power circuitry that is highly reliable and highly stable. The precision control of high current or high voltage also generates a complex set of electrical and thermal management issues.
Apex Microtechnology mitigates these issues by offering off-the-shelf solutions that simplify these challenges. For more than 30 years, customers working in the defence and aerospace industries have relied upon Apex Microtechnology power operational amplifiers, switching (PWM) amplifiers and precision voltage references to meet the rigorous demands of their operating environments.
Apex products are offered in a commercial/industrial grade, with select models also made available in either a non-compliant “M” (high reliability) or full “M/883” compliant grade.
In addition to their extensive range of standard products, Astute can provide technical advice to develop and manufacture customer-specific solutions in conjunction with the manufacturer.
Astute and Apex Microtechnology
Apex’s 30-plus years of experience in providing high precision analogue power solutions to the aerospace and defence industries, combined with Astute’s near 30 years of experience makes this a perfect partnership to provide support to customers and offer effective solutions within this market segment.
Philip Simpson, Applications Manager, Astute Electronics
- Broad product portfolio of fully-certified “M/883” compliant amplifier solutions
- Commercial/Industrial Grade and Non-Compliant “M” Grade products suited to COTS level circuits
- All products are “off-the-shelf” to deliver high reliability and trim design time
- Dedicated power analogue applications engineering technical support to guide product selection, review schematics, and de-bug circuits
- DLA MIL-PRF-38534 Certified and ISO9001 (2008) Registration
- Certified and Qualified MIL-PRF-38534 manufacturing facility since 1990