Astute Electronics is an authorised, franchised seller and technical partner for MICROOLED’s high-resolution near-eye screens and displays.
MICROOLED is today delivering high performance Near-Eye Displays (NED) for a wide range of products, such as video glasses, head-mounted sports devices, camera viewfinders, medical applications and many other professional devices worldwide. With the world’s highest pixel density microdisplays and an ever increasing number of application fields, MICROOLED is a sustainable partner today and in the future.
In terms of picture quality, the key advantages of MicroOled technology are:
- True Black thanks to MICROOLED’s Ultra High Contrast.
- MICROOLED’s Quad sub-pixel arrangement and high pixel density provide very sharp images and excellent clarity.
- Very High Uniformity: With our technology long range or pixel-to-pixel uniformity is excellent.
- A very high contrast: Our contrast is greater than 10 000:1
- Response time is very fast, so a moving image has no lag
- Very low power consumption
- Very compact: no backlight
In addition to their range of standard products, Astute can provide technical support to develop customer-specific solutions in conjunction with the manufacturer.
Astute and MICROOLED
This partnership will give customers across the UK easier access to MicroOLED‘s leading edge high reliability near eye display products and is complimentary and mutually beneficial to Astute’s existing franchise portfolio.
Philip Simpson, Applications Manager, Astute Electronics
- MDP01: a 1.7m dots full colour 0.38” WVGA (873×500) microdisplay.
- MDP03: a 3.3m dots full colour 0.39” XGA (1044×788) microdisplay with integrated controller.
- MDP02: a 5.4m dots 0.61” full colour SXGA (1300×1044) microdisplay (for professional type of applications).
- MDP03EK3 Evaluation Kit (shown below): This demonstration board provides a complete tool to evaluate and integrate MICROOLED’s OLED microdisplays.